How to open password protected Microsoft Excel documents:
- There are two ways to open a password protected MS-excel file without knowing it's actual Password, either by decrypting the entire excel file or by recovering the original password. I’ll summarize the steps in a simple way below.
- 1)Download office password recovery tool from this link.
- Install the application with the default options.
- 2)Run the application and navigate to the password protected file by clicking the open button provided in the top left of the window.
- 3)This launches the recovery wizard.Here you can find two options.
- a) 100% instant document decryption - This method is the fastest and it strips all the password protection from the msexcel document.
- b)Recover the password to open - While this method just finds the original password of the excel file.
- Choose any of the option and recover the password protected Excel document.